For a limited time you can get the Starter Kit for only $199.99.
Start screen printing and experience the fun, creativity, art and opportunity this industry has to offer. Ryonet’s Screen Printing Starter Kit gives you everything you’ll need to start screen printing t-shirts and much more in one affordable package.
Contiguous US flat rate shipping charge: $25.00
*Holiday promotion only available to U.S. residents.
||Why others have started:
- Start a side screen printing business out of your house.
- Screen printing t-shirts for fun.
- Learn to create and design clothing for your own brand.
- Screen print shirts for your business, school or sports team.
- Customize clothing and give yourself a look no one else has.
- Screen print posters or art fabric.
- Learn a new craft or skill.
If you're considering buying a business package from another site ... DON'T ... The customer service and support at Ryonet (silk screening supplies) is unparalleled .. You will not find a better supplier ... they have been there for me from day 1.
Thanks for everything guys!!
- Phil Resmer
No matter what and how you want to print, there’s a blank shirt or canvas just waiting for you to create your own master piece with Ryonet’s Starter Screen Printing Kit.
What’s included in the Screen Printing Start Up Kit:
- 1 & 2: The Hobby Press w/ 16x16" Platen for screen printing shirts. More press details below
- 3: Wood Screen 16x20 OD 156 Mesh for printing your image.
- 4: 500 Watt Halogen Exposure Light for exposing your screen.
- 5: Exposure Light Mounting Fixture for attaching the exposure light to your press.
- 6: 11" 70 Durometer Squeegee for printing your ink.
- 7: Roll of 2"x15 yd. White Screen Tape for taping your screen.
- 8: 12" Emulsion Scoop Coater for coating your screen with emulsion.
- 9: WBP Hybrid Photo Emulsion Pint for exposing your screen.
- 10: Light Safe Yellow Bulb for darkroom environment.
- 11: 8 oz. Waterbase White for printing on darks. 8 oz. Waterbase Black Ink for printing on lights.
- 12: Screen Degreaser Concentrate in 8 oz. bottle for cleaning your screen.
- 13: Emulsion Remover Cont in 8 oz. Bottle for removing your image.
- 14: Pallet Adhesive 2oz to tack your shirt to the press platen.
- 15: 2 Red Scrub Pads for cleaning your screens.
- 16: Pack of Gloves for cleaning. (not pictured)
- 17: 10 Ultimate Cleanup Cards for handling and cleaning ink.
- 18: 8 Sheets of 8x12" Silicone Parchment Paper for curing ink with an iron.
- 19: 5 Pack of R-Film WP Film Positives, 8.5x11" for creating your positive.
- 20: Complete Screen Printing Starter Kit DVD to walk you through the entire process step by step.
Starter Hobby Press
|FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Solid steel and aluminum construction.
- Strong gas shock for stable and steady screen action.
- White powder coat finish.
- Available bracket options for different size platens (coming soon).
- Adjustable screen tilt and off contact control.
- Integrated exposure light and mounting fixture for screen exposure (fig. 5)
- Made in the USA
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Print up to 15 shirts/ hr - 1 color logo when curing with a household iron.
- Print up to 20-25 shirts/ hr - 1 color logo when curing with a heat gun.
- Print up to 40-60 shirts/ hr - 1 color logo when curing with a flash dryer.
- Average t-shirt cost of $1.50 - $3.00/ shirt. Check out ShirtSpace.com
- Average ink cost of $0.05 - $0.15/ shirt.
- Capable of printing professional quality.
- Designed for printing smaller runs of shirts: 1-50 at one time.
- Capable of printing larger runs of shirts: 50 or more at one time with upgraded dryers.
Why start with Ryonet?
Ryonet has the most experience and passion in the industry for starting screen printers—over the past 10 years we have helped thousands of people start and learn the art of screen printing. We’ve taken what we’ve learned and developed this brand new Screen Printing Starter Kit that offers the most functional and affordable screen printing kit on the market. Supported by Ryonet’s top notch training videos, manuals, hands on training and free technical support our goal not only help you start, but to succeed in screen printing. We believe that if we help you learn screen printing, by offering the best package and support as you begin, you will have more fun and want to grow and expand.
I tried to work with a “Big Brand Company”, but they wouldn’t give me the time of day. I turned to Ryonet, and I found that I get the same level of attention and service as a big experienced printer! You are MY screen printing supply company!
Thanks for all your help!
- Geoff Sager - Flat Broke Comics
Training you can trust:
||We’ve created a brand new 3+ hour instructional DVD to walk you through the step-by-step process of how to use this kit. In this training video we provide easy to follow detailed instruction on equipment setup, artwork, film output, screen preparation, screen exposure, print setup, screen printing on dark garments, screen printing on light garments, cleanup and next steps. This is also the first video we filmed completely in a home or small business environment using only the components that come in the package. Plus the Screen Printing Starter Kit Training Video is duplicated in written form in our Screen Printing Starter Kit Manual so you can follow along, take notes and reference back when you’re on press in the middle of a print.
*In order to effectively support this package it is very important for you to review the training video and manual before calling support so that our support staff can better trouble shoot your questions.
Support you can rely on:
Package requirements, options and notes. MUST READ.
This package does require a few household items to work. You will need access to a computer and printer to make your film positives, access to an iron, a water hose with a good nozzle, a sturdy desk or table and a small clear piece of glass (like one from a picture frame). We also highly recommend upgrading to a heat gun. The ink curing process is the most time consuming part of the screen printing process. A heat gun will allow you to cure your shirts in 1-3 minutes depending on the size of the image. Without a heat gun, you will be curing with an iron and the cure times will be double.
This package ships in one box and weighs about 35 pounds total. The average delivery time in the US is usually two to six business days. In most cases these packages ship the day of the order or the day after. However, from time to time they go on back order for an additional day or two. If you have an urgent need or a time sensitive matter, please call or e-mail. Next day air, 2nd day air and 3rd day
select shipping options are available.
Q. Can I operate this kit out of my home or business?
A. Yes, the screen printing start up kit includes all environmentally safe products that can be used in your home or business environment. The DVD and training manual will walk you through how to use these products in your home or business.
Q. Do you need a dedicated darkroom to use the starter kit?
A. No, you don’t need a dedicated darkroom—the kit comes with a light safe yellow light and the instructions show you how to turn almost any environment into a light safe darkroom.
Q. Can you print on other things other than t-shirts with this kit?
A. Yes, you absolutely can. The ink that comes with the starter kit is a water based ink. With water based ink you can print on textiles like cotton, 50/50 and canvas. You can also print on uncoated wood and paper with this ink. By purchasing different types of ink you can print on different substrates.
Here are a few of the different types of inks and what they are used for:
Graphic Printing Ink – used for hard substrates like metal, glass, plastic, wood and more.
Opaque Plastisol Ink – doesn’t dry in the screen and is great for printing on dark garments.
Q. How many shirts can you print with this kit?
A. You can print between 50-100 shirts with the ink that comes in the kit. However you can easily order more water based ink and more screens along with other supplies and print as many shirts as you would like to.
Q. Can you print multiple color shirts with this kit?
A. You can print more than one color of ink on a shirt with this kit, but it would be very hard to print more than one color in registration with the single color press that comes in the kit. For printing multiple colors in registration we suggest you upgrade to a larger press that has more color arms on it. Check out Ryonet’s Silver Press line.
Q. How long will it take to learn how to make a shirt?
A. It really depends on the printer. Some will love it and pick it up immediately and others could never use it. We find that most new printers can print a shirt with this package in the first few tries. Here’s a tip: try printing on light garments first—they are much easier to learn on.
Q. How long will the ink last on the t-shirt?
A. It’s very important that the ink is completely cured on the shirt. The instructional video and manual discuss this in detail. If the ink is properly cured on the garment then your shirt will last a very long time—most likely the life of the shirt. However, if the ink is not cured properly on the garment it will start to fade right away. Curing at 320 degrees F is key!
Q. What size of screens does this press take?
A. The Hobby Starter Press can take 16x20” Wood Screens to 20x24” Wood screens or Aluminum Screens.
Q. What size of pallets or platens does this press take?
A. You can screw any of our platens up to a 20x26” onto the Hobby Starter Press. Check out all of the press platens here. We will soon have bracket options available for the Hobby Starter Press, but for now you can simply screw a blank wood platen without a bracket into the press arm.